- Can I return my prescription glasses? [Back to Top]
sportsvisionbend.com’s top priority is customer satisfaction.
At sportsvisionbend.com, our on site opticians are committed to making sure your prescription eyewear is right for you. You can be assured that we will help you find the proper frame and lens for YOUR lifestyle. Whether you are using your prescription eyewear for everyday, or looking for the best sports sunglasses for skiing, biking, tennis, fishing or golf, we will help you find your best fit before you place your order.
Prescription lenses are customized and specially ordered for each individual customer and therefore are not returnable or refundable, with the following exceptions:
- Non Adapt. If you are having no success at adapting to Curved, Polarized or Progressive lenses;
- i. sportsvisionbend.com may have new lenses made without Polarization or Progressive correction.
- ii. If you absolutely cannot adapt to your new lenses, sportsvisionbend.com may refund your purchase price less 20%.
- Your doctor changes your correction.
- i. sportsvisionbend.com may re-make the lenses, one time, within 30 days of the original order, with the new prescription for 50% of the original lens price.
For all other changes such as new lens material, lens color or coatings, a different frame style, the customer will be credited 50% of the original order, to go toward the new selection.
All shipping charges for any prescription eyewear re-do or change will be the sole responsibility of the customer.
Please call us or email us if you have any questions regarding this policy - we're here to help!
Mon-Sat 9AM to 5PM PST
- Can I return my purchase? [Back to Top]
At sportsvisionbend.com, we are committed to your satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you may return the merchandise within 30 days for an EXCHANGE or a REFUND of the purchase price. Please note that we can process returns and exchanges only for items purchased from sportsvisionbend.com.
Attn: Returns Department (last 5 digits of your order number)
1002 NW Bond Street
Bend, OR 97701 USA
Items that are returned:
A. more than 30 days after delivery,
B. are in un-sellable condition,
C. are missing parts including box and/or case, may be charged a re-stocking fee at the discretion of sportsvisionbend.com.
For RETURNED/REFUNDED items, we will refund shipping costs only if the return is a result of our error. If the shipping was free, then your REFUND will be less the shipping charges.
EXCHANGED items, unless noted otherwise, will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail for $7.00. We are sorry, but we can only ship FREE on the initial order.
To return your purchase for REFUND or for EXCHANGE, please follow these steps:
1. The merchandise must be in perfect condition, no scratches on the lenses or frames, no signs of being worn. The original manufacturer's box and case/bag must be included.
2. Include a copy of your receipt (packing slip) with an explanation for your return and/or details of the items you wish to exchange for. Your name, address, phone number and e mail address must be included so we can contact you if necessary. sportsvisionbend.com reserves the right to refuse merchandise that does not meet the above criteria.
3. Ship in an insured, prepaid, trackable manner (UPS, Airborne, Fed Ex, registered US mail) to the following address:
4. We will notify you via email of your refund once we have received and processed the returned item(s), usually within 24 hours of receipt. Your refund will be credited to the same card originally used for the purchase. It may take one or two billing cycles for your credit card company to post your refund to your account. Please call your credit card company for questions relating to a refund posting.
Please call us if you have any questions regarding this policy.
- Do you accept Insurance for prescription glasses? [Back to Top]
We don't currently accept or do any insurance billing. You pay up front with your credit card and seek re-imbursement from them. Please contact your insurance company for details. We will do everything possible to ensure you get all the necessary information for submittal.
We do accept HSA (health savings account) and FSA (flex spending account) credit cards.
- Do you accept international orders? [Back to Top]
We do not guarantee acceptance of international orders.
International orders will not be accepted for Oakley, Smith or Maui Jim products.
Orders placed with international credit cards require additional security verification.
We will charge your credit card a small, randomly-selected amount. This amount will vary from order to order and will be applied to your purchase. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to post to your credit card account.
Next, contact your credit card company, find the amount of the random charge from 'sportsvisionbend' and email that amount to us. Upon verification, we will charge the remaining amount of the order to your credit card. You will then receive a shipping confirmation email, along with a tracking number, on the evening that your order ships.
This verification eliminates fraudulent use of your credit card and further ensures your shopping safety.
Import and Customs Duties
Import and Customs Duties on international shipments are the purchasers’ responsibility. To find out more about this please contact your local customs office.
Most international orders are shipped via US Postal Service Express. Delivery is 4 to 5 business days depending on the location and customs. sportsvisionbend.com will provide a tracking number with your shipping confirmation email.
- Free Shipping? [Back to Top]
Free shipping is for orders over $50. Orders under $50 can choose USPS 1st Class or Priority Mail.
- I have a sunglass frame and I want to use it for new prescription lenses. [Back to Top]
We can usually accommodate these requests if the frame is relatively new and in good condition and your correction power accomodates the shape and size of the sunglasses. We need to know the type of lens and lens tint you are interested in having created for the frame, and then we need to receive the frame via mail. The final decision on whether the frame is in good enough condition for the new lenses rests with the prescription lab.
You can order the lenses online. Please call or write if you have questions about the type of lenses necessary for your frame.
Mon-Sat 9AM-5PM PCT
- I want to order prescription glasses. What do I need to do? [Back to Top]
1. Select your Frame
2. Select your lens
3. Select your lens coating
4. Give us your prescription
If you have questions about the ordering process or the products, please call our Optical Specialists at 877-313-4960.
You will need to fax or scan and email a copy of your doctor's written prescription.
- Is more than one pair of glasses really necessary? [Back to Top]
- One pair of glasses can't do it all. Even if your primary pair of glasses is photochromic, it's helpful to have sunglasses for the car because when you drive into the sun, windshields block the UV rays that darken photochromic lenses. Simply put, in this situation sunglasses are your best choice. Occupational safety glasses, computer glasses, and specialized sports glasses can also all be invaluable. Again, it all depends on the activities you are involved in.
- Is sportsvisionbend an authorized dealer? [Back to Top]
sportsvisionbend.com is an authorized online retailer for Giro, Maui Jim, Oakley, Smith, Spy, Suncloud, and Von Zipper.
When making an investment in high quality eyewear or watches you want to be sure you are getting the "genuine article" and not counterfeit or damaged items. All products we sell are guaranteed to be authentic, sold in their original packaging, and carry the manufacturer's warranty. In addition, to verify that your purchase is in perfect condition, your order passes through two inspection teams before we ship it to you. We do not ship product that fails our inspections.
To confirm that sportsvisionbend.com is an authorized retailer, please feel free to contact the manufacturer using our Links page.
- My prescription lenses are scratched, are they warranted? [Back to Top]
Maui Jim, Oakley, Smith, Giro and Von Zipper prescription lenses are warranted against lens scratches for 1 year.
This One Time / One Year Scratch Coat Warranty is intended for prescription lenses that have been scratched during normal use and not for lenses that have been eaten by your dog, run over by your car, dropped off a cliff or any other user error. The Scratch Coat Warranty is offered only for the first 12 months after the initial purchase of your prescription lenses. The Scratch Coat Warranty allows a ONE TIME re-make of your lenses in the original prescription, the original lens material, color and size, if any one of these items change, you will need to purchase new lenses.
For any and all warranty, lens change, Dr. re-do or any other reason your prescription frames/lenses are sent back to the lab, the customer, is responsible for all shipping fees.
Scratch Coat Warranty service fee is $30.00 which includes returning the new lens/glasses back to you via Insured Priority Mail. If you wish to upgrade to 2 Day or Next Day Air via FedEx, the cost will be increased accordingly.
Rx Warranty Question
- The item I want isn't on your website - now what? [Back to Top]
sportsvisionbend.com is happy to take special orders for our customers. Call (877-313-4960) or email (email@example.com) and let us know what you are interested in purchasing from the brands we carry. One of our customer care specialists will contact you and the order will be placed for you.
- What are my ordering options? [Back to Top]
You can place your order online using our secure ordering system, call us and place your order with one of our customer service specialists, or fax your order to us.
If you wish to pay by credit card but do not wish to leave your credit card information online, you can call, fax, or scan and email your card information to us. Please include your order number, the type of credit card, card number, the expiration date, and name as it appears on the card along with the billing statement address. Be sure to include your email address so we can send order and shipping confirmations.
Please direct all phone orders to (877) 313-4960 (within U.S.) or (541) 318-6289 (outside U.S.). Fax orders should be directed to (541) 388-0391. Our customer service specialists are available Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5PM. Email orders should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are my shipping options? [Back to Top]
Free Shipping is for orders over $50.
Shipped from Bend, Oregon (97701) via USPS Priority Mail and will arrive in 3-5 business days. Other shipping options available below:
Continental USPS Priority Mail (Orders over $50) - FREE
USPS First Class (items under 13oz weight) - $4.00
Continental USPS Prioity Mail - $7.00
Continental US 2-Day Air - $21.00
Continental US Overnight Air - $31.00
Canadian Shipping - $30.00
International Shipping - $33.00
Alaska and Hawaii Overnight (1-2 Business Days) - $40.00
Saturday Delivery in Continental US - $60.00
Signature Confirmation on Shipments - $2.00
- What information do I need to place an order for prescription glasses or sunglasses? [Back to Top]
sportsvisionbend.com must have a copy of your current prescription which must be less than two years old, not expired and it must include a PD or pupil distance measurement. You can fax or email a copy of your prescription to us. Our optical specialists will call you if you have ANY questions.
Fax - 541-388-0391
- What is the warranty policy for my glasses? [Back to Top]
All warranties guarantee against manufacturer defects or workmanship, generally for a period of 1 year from the date of your original purchase. Warranty does not apply to damages caused by misuse, lack of reasonable care, user scratches, accidents, or loss of product. Repair or replacement is at the discretion of the manufacturer. If the damage is due to reasons other than those stated above, manufacturers may repair or replace for a fee as long as parts are still available.
Click here to see warranty information by brand
- What payment methods do you accept? [Back to Top]
We accept American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa. Payments can also be made by money order. When using your credit card it is important to enter your name exactly as it appears on your card. The credit card billing address should be entered as it appears on your credit card statement.
If you wish to pay by credit card but do not wish to enter your credit card information online, you can call (877) 313-4960 or fax your card information to us (541) 388-0391. Please include your order number, the type of credit card, card number, the expiration date, and name as it appears on the card, and the billing address (the address where you receive your credit card bill).
Orders placed with Money Order selected as the payment method will be held for 7 days. If the money order is not received by that time, the order will be canceled. Money Orders should be mailed to us and should include a note telling us your order number, name, and contact information. Please mail this information to:
1000 NW Wall Street
Bend, OR 97701
- Who is sportsvisionbend? [Back to Top]
sportsvisionbend is a specialty eyewear store offering sunglasses and prescription eyewear, established in 1989. Our cyber store, sportsvisionbend.com was established in 1997. We are confident in our ability to help you select the best eyewear available. Please stop by our store on your next visit to Bend, Oregon. We are located downtown on the corner of Bond Street and Oregon Avenue, 4 doors south of the Deschutes Brewery. For contact information, please see our Contact Us page.
Map to storefront